Online applications now being accepted March 1-15, 2022
The following guidelines must be met at the time of application for a student to be considered for a scholarship:
- Student must be a legal resident of the Village of Germantown or be enrolled at Germantown High School
- Student must be enrolled in his/her senior year of high school with projected graduation by June 30th of the year of application.
- Student must complete all sections of the Germantown Scholarship Application.
Applications for the GCSF scholarships will be completed online. Watch for email communications from the High School in early March detailing application information. Students will be provided approximately two weeks to complete the application. Note that an electronic copy of the student’s high school transcript will be required to apply. The transcript will be needed before an application can be started and submitted. Students at GHS should visit the Student Services Department and request a pdf copy of their transcript. Students must allow 2 business days to process a transcript request. Applicants will be asked to share information about their high school years that will include: post-secondary education plans, high school co-curricular activities, out-of-school activities, volunteer activities, and paid employment. Students will also need to input academic information from the transcript they obtain from the student services office so those pieces of information can be entered into the application both accurately and honestly.
The Board of Directors of the Germantown Community Scholarship Find, Inc. appoints a Scholarship Committee to administer and evaluate applications in conjunction with the High School Guidance Staff. The philosophy of the Board in awarding scholarships is to identify those students who excel both in their academic, volunteer and extra curricular activities. All applications are anonymous during the review process. Committee members do not know the identity of the applicants during the scoring process. Applicants are expected to complete all sections of the application with honesty and integrity.
The Committee has established the following verification process for each section of the application:
- Academic Section: Completed by the Guidance Staff reporting the student’s cumulative grade point average, advanced placement, honors courses, and submitted teacher evaluations. Teacher evaluations are confidential and are not shared with students.
- In School Section: Scored by the Scholarship Committee cross referencing participation lists for all Germantown High School Activities for the previous four year period. The committee reserves the right to verify information submitted by applicants.
- Out of School Section: Scored by the Scholarship Committee. Students list a contact person and phone number for each activity or employment experience. The committee reserves the right to verify information submitted by applicants.